Thursday, July 30, 2009

birthday present

So I am trying really hard to be a good mom and find a happy medium between keeping my kids happy and not spoiling them. (If anyone has unlocked the secret... let me know). I took the kids to Target to get some sunscreen and we decided to LOOK at the toys. Raelee and I had talk about how we were not going to buy anything today; just look. She said 'Okay' and we started down all the aisles looking and playing with various toys (Finley was asleep in his carseat in the cart!!). The LOOKing was going well until she spotted the Disney Princess Barbie aisle. She found some ponies that are made for each princess. She studied each of them carefully and then started talking to herself/me saying "hmm... which one do I want? This one, or that one? I pick this one." Then she picked up the one for Beauty and the Beast and held it close to her with a smile on her face that looked very determined and like she was begging at the same time. I was racking my brain - How could I stay firm on my "no buying stuff this trip" and still let her get it. It was even on clearance! Then I remembered the check Raelee got from Grandma Beth for her birthday. In the move it had gotten put in a drawer and we had just recently found it again. So I asked Raelee if she wanted to get the horse for her birthday present and she was so happy to be able to get it. So she knows this was from Grandma Beth and is so thrilled. We took a video of her with it to show you what you gave her! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment